Sunday, March 19, 2006

Whoa, 10 days?

I'm here, really still here. That day, the snow melted in a couple hours, and was followed by brilliant sun and then a hail shower. Yup, crazy Vancouver weather. It's been fun reading some of the Washington & Oregon blogs because we all got the same weird front moving through.

I wish I could say that I've been buried in my manuscript getting ready for the 25th. Alas.

That lactation conference last Saturday which I mentioned a couple days ago? Had the same effect on me as every year - I came home with a huge headache, and collapsed in bed. I don't know what it is. Could be the fact that I don't have an alarm clock anymore and so I don't sleep the night before I need to be somewhere. The fact that I almost always wake up between 6&7 now somehow doesn't help. Some irrational part of me worries that this will be the time I'll sleep in. As I was the AV resource person for this conference, and I had pledged to be there early to set up all the electronic crap which audiences now expect at conferences, I didn't sleep very well obsessing about being late, or arriving on time but not being able to get the the electronics to work.

Neither happened but the damage was done. One sleepless night, combined with one day spent in a large college lecture hall with canned air and semi-comfortable chairs (comfortable for 1 hour only and then deteriorating quickly), and all that talking, talking, talking, talking = headache. Big headache. Never fails. Crawl in bed & try not to move.

(this doesn't happen when I go to my writing conferences. Is this one of those 'body telling me something' things?)

Woke up on Sunday to the sound of Amelia throwing up. She crawled back into bed, shivering and looking wan. Check her temperature - sure enough, big fever. The barfing stopped but was replaced by a big bad cold, complete with coughing, sneezing and ongoing fever. She's just getting over it now, a week later.

We've had a week of one child really sick and the rest of us just teetering on the edge of getting sick. Schoolwork was held on 1 day only, and the rest of the time was scrapped in favour of listening to the Amelia Peabody mysteries on CD. In between I was on the phone a brazillian times arranging moving of utilities, and getting house insurance (the insurance thing might be the end of me. Insurance companies are a big pain in the butt.)

Less than 2 weeks to go until the move!

1 comment:

Navhelowife said...

Hope everyone stays well and able to help with the move....
and best wishes with the move as well!

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!