Thursday, March 09, 2006

best laid plans

So. I have until March 11 to make a decision about booking an editor or agent appointment on the 25th.

Dither, dither, dither.

Are the first 3 ch. anywhere near being ready for public consumption?

Is it better to just go for it or is better to refrain, put it out when it'’s really ready & avoid getting a reputation as a flake?

Am I thinking it’'s not ready when it really is?

I got up early this morning to gaze at the chapters with a fresh eye (I have been working on something else for several days) to see if I get a rush of "‘ooooh, this is good! I wonder what happens next?’".

And then, Hugo decides to wake up waaaaaay too early. Man, what does a good mother do? Tell the child to sit silently on the couch for hours? Make breakfast? Go cuddle? Turn on a video?

Factor in that all day Saturday I'’m at a lactation related conference. The rest of today is already all booked solid and a large chunk of Friday is as well. Which means I’'ll end up making this decision sometime in the middle of the night, fuelled by caffeine and PMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!