
I'm 48 stitches short of casting off. Luckily I do have a few more lengths of yarn and I'm sure one of them is long enough to cast this sucker off. So all I have to do is just un-cast-off and do it again.
I'll be so glad to get this thing off my needles. I can't begin to tell you how much I hate, hate, hate this yarn. It's so loosely twisted that most of the time you just have 8 strands of stuff lying on your needle. I'll be glad to take a break from cotton & I'll get a break soon because I have some yummy yarn coming in the mail. That's another reason I want to get this blanket finished - I want to dive into the new projects with a clean slate.
What? Oh, yeah. The election. Yes, it was courtesy of watching several hours of election coverage that the blanket got so close to the end. Though why I bothered watching is a mystery - it was one of those 'turn on the tv at 7 and hear the results instantly' as everyone has already crunched the #'s and can make a prediction. The fact that you just came from the polls a few minutes ago and your vote cannot possibly have been counted yet makes no difference & so you can be forgiven for wondering if your vote really does make a difference.....(it does!).
Several bloggers had the fear if internet police put into them after Elections Canada made that huge hoopla about not broadcasting results from the East. The smartest solution I have heard to this is that if Elections Canada is so concerned about it, they shouldn't release the results to anyone until all the polls have closed. Yes, that would inconvenience Easterners who would have to stay up a bit later. Oh, that's a problem? Yes? Because the East of Canada is where all the important decisions are made and they should get information without having to wait for us? Right.
So, what do I think of it all? Well, I did agree with many commentators who mentioned how really incredible it was that the Liberals did as well as they did given all the shit falling around them. The popular vote numbers are diverse and that's good. I don't think Canada is taking a wild swing to the right. I think we're saying "oh for pity's sake, they've been botching things up and we need to do some house cleaning" .
I don't think anyone is keen to go to the polls again but I have no doubt that if the whackos start acting true to their colors, that things will fall apart quite quickly. There is nobody with whom the Conservatives can form a natural alliance. BQ is led by a former Marxist Leninist. NDP? Um, I don't think so. It will be issue by issue slogging along and that might be good - some good work might just get done. Else, we'll be going to the polls again.
And boy, am I looking forward to Rick Mercer now!
1 comment:
At least it was a minority, and not a majority. And how 'bout that NDP?!
I'm definitely looking forward to Rick Mercer, and 22 Minutes...
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!