We had a community garden plot for about six years. We gave it up two years ago, when the fact that the plot was almost exactly the size of our condo (1000 vs. 1065 sq. ft.) finally sunk into our heads. That's an awful lot of weeding and watering. And then the harvesting would start. I never quite managed to get it arranged so that we would 'always have a bit of something'. It was either chives and nothing else, or corn, strawberries, cucumbers, shelling peas, and bolting lettuces - all at once.
And so it is with my library. I love my library, and what I love most especially is that I can place holds on books. I can even place holds on books which aren't even in the library system yet, ones which they've only just ordered. Then I get to wait, smug in the knowledge that I'm first in line, while the order is processed and received, and the book goes to that crinkly bookjacket wrapping room, where it also gets embossed with bar codes and secret tags which trigger alarms if you try to sneak it out of the library.
I used to have a fair number of books on my hold list. Now there are hardly any because the damned things have all been ripening at the same time. Go see my swollen ballycumber (in the sidebar). A couple of fat books which require actual thinking to read. A smattering of candy to keep the happy juice flowing. (plus several trashy paperbacks which I didn't bother to list)
And Eleven on Top! Ooowheeee. I'm a Ranger-Babe.
OK, truth is this series is starting to drag. There have been a couple books in there that I came close to throwing against the wall. But as long as Evanovich keeps writing them, and Ranger puts in an appearance, they're on my list. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, start with One for the Money. Go on, do it. It's very fine brain candy. I'm sure you'll like the first three books at least; it's after that they get dodgy. But by then, the Ranger-Morelli battle lines have been drawn and you'll keep coming back to root for your dude.
Yo. It's Ranger all the way.
Babe.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!