In the middle of figuring out suitcases & proper travel underwear (by far the funniest I've come across are these Stash It Wear If you have a moment, do check out that page & esp watch the youtube demo of the undies. On the left, near the bottom of the page.), we've been getting in the mood by watching a selection of movies.
Apparently I'm prone to yelling out "I've been there!" or "I'm going to be there!" or better yet, "I've been there & I'm going again!"
Roman Holiday (Rome, of course. you can follow in Audrey Hepburn's and Gregory Pecks footsteps on a self guided walk)
How to Steal a Million (Paris. Audrey again with Peter O'Toole in a wonderfully lighthearted art theft romp. The fictitious Musée Kléber-Lafayette is the real Musée Jacquemart-André)
A Room with a View (Florence & English countryside. Did you know you can stay in the actual hotel in Florence which was used for filming? We're not staying there but maybe we'll go walk by it.)
We are missing a Venice film. Thought maybe we'd do an old Bond & then remembered it's Moonraker that's in Venice. Not sure if it's worth seeing the entire thing for a few boat explosions.
We also saw Enchanted April for the transformative power of travel & esp Italy, though we're not actually going to the Italian Riviera. (did you know this was filmed in Portofino? And the castle they used was the one the author of the original book stayed in when she wrote it.)
Ok, back to picking out suitcases & underwear.....
4 comments:
Okay, those underwear are hilarious.
So if you see someone walking weirdly down the street with their legs held apart, you'll be wondering if they are wearing 'Stash Its', and their wallet has slipped to the bottom of the pocket and is now right between their legs:)
You'll have a great trip, Stash its or not!
PS Took Luna to a fun class last week. Nosework. Each dog works separately, and are crated or in the car between turns. Thinking of your Daisy....
There is some Katherine Hepburn movie that was filmed in Venice. I liked Florence (watch out for the gypsies, however) but I LOVE Rome.
Paris is awesome too. If you go to the Sacre Coeur, watch out for the 'salesmen' at the bottom - just walk really quickly by them.
Can I hide in your suitcase?
My parents left for Budapest last Tues, drove down through Hungary and Slovenia and are now writing me email missives from Venice. Not that I am bitter between you and them :) Are you going to post a rough itinerary of all the places you are going? Hint hint...
Karen: I posted on your blog :)
Navhelowife: we much preferred Florence to Rome last time we were there. We'll see if that changes this time. The gypsies are everywhere in Europe :( I bet they can't get into the stash it undies! Sorry you can't hide in the luggage. We're travelling with 1 carry on size case each!
Wanderlust: itinerary has been posted :D Who's got Sampson & Jake? Or are they at the deluxe dog camp? Have you decided on your trip this year?
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!