Guess who kept us company in the ladies washroom at the campsite?
Meet Myrtle. (I named her after Moaning Myrtle who is one of my favourite HP characters.)
Yes, Myrtle is a bat. She spent the entire day in the washroom one day, down on the floor behind the toilet.
I did worry that she was actually dead but as you can see, she has moved.
We did keep our distance since bats are the only rabies reservoir in BC.
She was gone by dusk.
2 comments:
I LOVE bats! I know they carry diseases but if I could have one as a pet, I would lol! PB and I see them all the time at the park when we go in the wee hours. Looks like you had fun camping and Darwin looked thoroughly calm and at ease for him!
PS On a different note, would you recommend I read the Omnivore's Dilemma?
re the OD - I wonder. I'm not sure how much overlap there is between his books. & I found parts of it too gross to read. I suspect you'd find lots of it 'more of the same' but it's very well written, the parts I could stomach (LOL) were engrossing & often entertaining. It's a big book but I remember I read it quickly as it's one of those 'suck you in' books. He's a gifted writer.
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!