"I wish I could get my ire up over this but I'm out of energy on this issue. It's been like this for YEARS - lots of countries have done testing, there's an outcry, politicians look serious on tv & insist changes are coming to consumer protection and THEN? Nothing changes. AND consumers keep buying the crap. Toys, jewellry, pet food, baby formula, vitamins - over and over and over.
This is why I try really, really hard to avoid buying anything from China. What really bugs me is stainless steel - it's getting almost impossible to buy kitchen stainless steel items which are made anywhere except China. Well, color me cynical, but I don't believe it's all 18/8 & if I can at all avoid it, I refuse to buy it.
Time to speak with our $'s.
Oh and yeah, it would be really nice if the gov't actually put some power into the FDA etc. But the big business pressures battle it every step of the way (oh, no! we don't want government interference! We'll self-police! We're ethical capitalists!),& at the end the consumer is the one who suffers."
So yeah. That's it. Stop buying this crap already. If it's Made in China, think 10 times about whether you really really need it or whether you can find another alternative - yes, even if it costs a bit more. It's not going to change until WE change.
3 comments:
Here, here!
(Nice to see you back at the blog!)
Thank you! And I bet I know where you were today without even looking on the website... :-)
Amen.
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!