Friday, September 18, 2009

you say tomato....

These beauties came from our greenhouse.
It was a good tomato year. Next year we need to get a bit more organized about installing a drip irrigation system in the greenhouse. There were a couple times when we let things get too dry in there. We're still eating tomatoes from the greenhouse, as well as from the plants I put outside. There was a time when I thought the outside plants were doing better than the greenhouse but once I remembered to actually water in there, things started looking up.
These tomatoes look so different from the anemic store bought ones when you cut into them. And the flavour!!!



Oh hai! Did you say tomato? I have one!!!
It has a happy face.


I've killed the squeaker inside already.
Does your tomato squeak?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Becky said...

Lovely!

We're enjoying a tomato bounty here, much to my surprise because while I remembered to water, May through mid-July were unseasonably cool and not very good for tomatoes. And we had a week of frost the first week of June. The plants with only one layer of sheets didn't fare nearly as well as the ones with two layers, but all bounced back well I can say now...

Happy eating!

Zyra said...

Oh, those are nice looking tomatoes!
Mm, they'd look good in a tomato and onion salad.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Where I am many of the tomatoes, including mine, are not turning red. Hope your are delicious!

Melanie said...

I'm jealous! My mom has been keeping me supplied with heirloom tomatoes (sans squeakers) the past few years, but this summer they got hit with the dreaded tomato blight way too early in the season.

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!