Just kidding. I don't give out grades. But if I did, I would have docked points for this. For his cooking lesson, Hugo picked this recipe:
Kisses Peanut Butter Blossoms
48 chocolate kisses
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
extra sugar
Preheat oven to 375F
Unwrap kisses.
Beat shortening & peanut butter. Add sugars. When fluffy, add egg, milk & vanilla.
In separate bowl, stir flour with baking soda & salt.
Gradually add the flour to the peanut butter mix.
Shape into 1 inch balls.
Roll in sugar.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 min and immediately press a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
Allow to cool.
He followed the recipe carefully and they turned out just fine.
The problem?
I hate peanut butter.
Peanut butter with chocolate is an insult to chocolate.
I couldn't even try these. But Hugo, as well as Amelia and Roo who filled in for me as taste testers, assured me that they are delish - if, that is, you're one of those people who appreciates peanut butter and chocolate!

4 comments:
Ooh, ooh. Pick me, pick me. I love peanut butter and chocolate together. If you send some out to me, I promise to give you an unbiased "assessment" for this life skills project of Hugo's.
Those happen to be my all-time favorites. One of the best parts of Christmas is knowing my niece has made a plate of these for us.
I still have to pull the Kiss off and eat it first to avoid cookie cross-contamination.
Psst - Come over and visit for a second. I have something for you.
Oh, my mom makes those and I LOVE THEM!!!!!
Similarly, there's a great recipe for "cherry chocolate kisses" which are cherry-flavored cookie with a chocolate kiss on top - they taste just like a chocolate-covered cherry if you pop the whole cookie in your mouth at once - which I do, I have a big mouth.
I love the cherry ones even more than the peanut butter ones.
http://www.grouprecipes.com/28143/cherry-chocolate-kiss-cookies.html
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!