Nifty little service, kind of like a dog tag, (well, not completely of course because good samaritans can't drop lost dogs in mailboxes, but you know what I mean). Very handy for those of us of advancing age (including myself, who advanced one more year on the personal chronometer today!) who are increasingly likely to forget and lose all sorts of things.
This year when I got my renewal tags and peeled them off, I was a bit taken aback though. It really looks almost as if they've been putting the TB Vets to work again.
Here are your keytags, now with genuine TB Vet phlegm!
2 comments:
Woops! I guess we went a little overboard with the glue on that card!
My name is Melinda Johnston, and I'm the Communications Manager for TB Vets. I can assure you that no phlegm was used in the production of the card. Just a little too much glue.
TB Vets is a BC organization. All funds raised stay here in BC, to help BC breathe.
Here's a little history you might be interested in: the Keytag campaign began in 1946 as a way for disabled veterans to work. As the veterans retired, TB Vets continued to hire staff with disabilities. Today, the Keytags are manufactured, assembled, mailed and managed by staff with disabilities.
As the Keytag campaign became more successful, TB Vets began to give grants to help fight respiratory distress in BC. Today, thanks to the generosity of our donors, we have granted over $10 million to fund respiratory equipment for BC hospitals, training for respiratory therapists, and research to end tuberculosis.
For more information, visit www.tbvets.org.
Happy Birthday!
Melinda
That is hysterical.
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!