Friday, August 17, 2007

Poetry Friday - William Carlos Williams

(Just because I've been eating them........ )


This is Just to Say


I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast.

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.

William Carlos Williams


This week's roundup is hosted by Kelly R Fineman.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted about this WCW poem back in April -- here's the link. A friend reminded me, in the comments, about the WCW parodies of this particular poem -- you might want to check them out (for fun).

John Mutford said...

This is one of my favourite poems of all time- though I think it's deliciously sinister.

I, too, wrote about this poem a while back. I mashed it up with a couple other poems. If you're interested, you can check it out here.

Melora said...

That is the perfect poem for a hot summer day!

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!