Wednesday, July 25, 2007

HP 7

I'm not doing any spoilers but still, if you haven't read it yet, I suggest you come back when you have. I don't want to influence your opinion.

Verdict, represented by this graphical image of my level of grippedness.*



Left to right, we start off nicely and then notice the drop off and the huge darkness of plodding, plodding, and more plodding through a wasteland. Characters moaning and making really stupid immature mistakes. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

There was a brief moment there where I seriously contemplated just going to the last 50 pp, finding out the ending and calling it quits.

But I didn't. And as you see, things do pick up.

I'm glad things end the way they do.

But oy, that middle.



*Yes, yet again I trot out Red Dwarf. "Can't you tell the story is not gripping me? I'm in a state of non-grippedness, I am completely smegging ungripped." Other, more erudite homeschoolers quote Sophocles and Cervantes. I quote Red Dwarf and Jeeves & Wooster. Any day now, my name will be struck from the WTM blog list.

1 comment:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Heh. I love Red Drawf. And I agree about the middle-- I thought it dragged. But towards the end, I felt that it picked up quite satisfactorily. Mainly, I think I resented the absence of so many favorite peripheral characters through that middle section. It didn't really seem right until everyone was working together.

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!