"Can't you tell the story is not gripping me? I'm in a state of non-grippedness, I am completely smegging ungripped." Red Dwarf
See which book caused that response here. I've updated the Ballycumber Archive. There were a number of good books in there; not all were smegging ungripping.
Also, I can't stop myself from telling you that this quote comes from my second favourite Red Dwarf episode. My absolutely most favourite episode, a perennially panties in danger episode, is the one in which Rimmer loses his anger and, wearing sandals, he facilitates a meeting. When I was in the process of becoming a La Leche League Leader, I had these sudden moments of panic where I thought I was living in a Red Dwarf episode as Rimmer with no anger.....
"Look, just because it's an armour-plated alien killing machine that salivates unspeakable slobber doesn't mean it's a bad person. What we've got to do is get it round a table and put together a solution package - perhaps over tea and biscuits.
Later: Erm, I think we're losing sight of the real issue here, which is 'What are we gonna call ourselves?' Erm, and I think it comes down to a choice between 'The League Against Salivating Monsters' or my own personal preference, which is 'The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society'. Erm, one drawback with that - the abbreviation is 'CLITORIS'.
Later: The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign."
If you have no clue what I'm talking about, get thee to netflix or zip and rent the first season. Give it time, if you need to. Once it 'takes', it is relentlessly funny but it is unlike anything out there.
Tags:
3 comments:
We've been having the same debate about the kids. Is it time for Red Dwarf yet? Is it? Thankfully, we have deemed it time for certain Monty Python selections.
I haven't seen Red Dwarf in years.
I walked in on dd watching Benny Hill. She said, "This is way worse than Monty Python." I downloaded the ringtone and it makes her laugh (loudly) whenever we're in a public place.
Red Dwarf sounds like fun! Our library doesn't have it, though. Maybe the new one will (add that to the list of Good things about moving!).
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!