Yes, Mason-Dixon Knitting has been here. Expect more dishcloths soon.

I love how complicated this looks and how easy it was to make. The only thing I don't love about it is that the other side isn't nearly as pretty.
And the long scarf - this was actually finished over a month ago but it's taken me a while to find the little cord to connect the camera to the computer.....
As modelled by Amelia - who is not the recipient, btw - it's the Mock Kilt Scarf.
It's a wonderful stitch pattern, and it's reversible. I love, love, love a reversible scarf. Esther Bozak is the lady behind this pattern. Check out her article on reversible scarves. You'll find the pattern there.




Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, color 101, 5 balls
From Jannette's Rare Yarns - one of my fave online yarn vices.
Knits nicely, doesn't snag or split. One ball had a knot in the middle. This yarn is soft but still feels substantial & the finished product has some heft and drape. As you can see from the photos, it does bloom. You can see the fuzz in the close up & this scarf was photo'd au naturel - no rinsing or blocking;I strongly expect pilling to occur in the future. I wouldn't knit a sweater out of it but for a scarf or a hat, it has a glorious, luxurious feel and not a hint of scratchiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!