Friday, June 02, 2006

Library Elf

OOOOOH, this is a great idea! Library Elf keeps track of all your library materials and e-mails you a reminder about materials due. Great for families like ours - we each have our own cards, and we have additional cards at several different municipal libraries. We have a weekly library day & tons of books/DVD's/CD-ROM's/audio books make their way home every week. This program will track all our material & e-mail us a list of due items. Yippeee!! Especially since I've paid $23.50 in fines this past month.........

And for those of you worried about privacy & big brother getting a hold of your list of materials, Library Elf addresses the question in their FAQ here.

HT Mungo

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'll be darned (okay, that wasn't my first choice word), my little hick library system is included. I saw this once and automatically assumed, ass that I am, that we'd be too small. I'm thrilled to be wrong lol.

I also found out through the system's website that there is a kids' summer reading program available. Who knew?!

Thanks, hornblower (and Mungo!)

Bobbi said...

Wow Thanks much this is awesome and very timely for me! My two year old has a penchant for stealing my library cards! This is great! No more scrambling through the couches, toy boxes, bookshelves in a desparate attempt to find the darn card so I can check to see if the books are overdue yet!! Thanks hornblower!

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!