Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Hunk on a bed
Or maybe that should be hanks on a headboard. Or skeins on a headboard. Or balls on a headboard. Nah. Just doesn't have that ring. (can you tell which scene I'm working on?)
Ok, before Rex (Rex will be explained later) stops me:
We have for your drooling pleasure Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in cream, destined to be this
We also have some Koigu PPP Merino in P203 and P308, destined to be socks. This is my first real life look at Koigu PPPM and I have to tell you that when the envelope came, I was a tad disappointed at how small these guys are. There never is anything for scale in the photos & I was imagining something bigger. Now I understand why you need to buy 2 skeins of each to make a pair of socks. But, any disappointment I may have had about size disappeared when I touched these beauties. Size? What is size when you're so yummy, and luscious?
There are also 3 more balls of the Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran because I had a failure in the calculation department & the scarf I'm making gobbled up the first 2 balls without much hesitation and wanted more, more, more!
The Louisa Harding yarns is interesting. It isn't plied - it's more like an i-cord. It's soft & in the K2P2 rib (this is my totally brainless knitting) it makes a lush, rich fabric. It knits a bit uneven though. If you close-up the picture it'll look like weird knitting - it's not me, I swear! It's the yarn. I've concluded that's its nature - a little kinky. The only other weird thing is that it feels a bit synthetic to me. It's 55% merino, 35% microfiber, and 10% cashmere but my hands keep feeling the microfiber more than anything. It is nice & soft though.
Rex says I'm out of time.
Labels:
life


No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!