Wednesday, January 25, 2006

argh

So, there I am, multi-tasking mama. Getting kids ready to head out the door to dance & swimming, cleaning up on my way out because I really dislike coming home to a really messy place. Throwing in a load of towels. Giving 'em a splash of bleach. And as I'm doing it, I'm thinking

Gee, I'd better not get splashed because I'm wearing a new shirt & jeans I'll be really @#$%^$!!! if I spill bleach on them.

And I didn't. At least I didn't think so.

Had a lovely afternoon, went for a walk along the lake, did some work in the evening.

And then, while I was talking on the phone with my mother-in-law, and wandering around the apt with the cordless phone, I glanced in the mirror and saw that my left boob had a white blotch on it.

Yup. I had splashed myself. Just a teeny tiny splash but on a blue shirt, it shows. And it's right on my boob. Like a teeny white nipple shield.

Damn. It's my new LL Bean shirt - a birthday treat for myself. And they don't even have this shirt anymore. Double Damn.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Hey I love the new look!

Thanks for the encouragement on my blog this morning. I do have to stop whining and actually take a good, hard look at how I can reach my goals. There has to be a way!

I have been meaning to print off your "pass the brie" post- I enjoyed it so much. I admire people who can keep at it even when the going gets tough! ;)

Randi said...

Oh man, I hate messing up clothes with bleach! Go buy yourself something else--maybe from the mall? I recently ruined an Old Navy shirt with Comet--who knew it had bleach? Not me!

Your blog looks great! Did you do it yourself?

Meretta said...

I *hate* it when that happens! BUT you know what, if you think about it, I believe it's your intuition telling you, so stop what you're doing and listen to yourself.

Love the new look on your blog. Very classy.

S Bent said...

Splash the other boob. You can have a little white nipple shield on the other one. If not, you could try to find a replacement on ebay.

Becky said...

I loved Shawna's suggestion rofl.

And the new look is beautiful. And very serene.

I can sympathize with the shirt -- I used to do that all the time when I was washing eggs (I clean the sink at the end with bleach) until I decided to have a dedicated "laundry room shirt." Sounds geeky but saved a lot of clothes lol.

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!