Cold is getting worse. Do you think I can find any throat spray around here??? You would think that it would be easy. This is the West Coast! Granola land, land of sandals and plant based medicine. A whole chunk of our underground economy is fuelled by one green plant..... But can I find any throat spray? Can I find any elderberry syrup? Nope. Well, in all honesty, I haven't driven all around to every health store, but that's because I feel sick!
We didn't get to bed until after midnight last night (because I came home after 11) so I think we'll all be a bit lethargic today.
Yesterday, I packed a bit of the kitchen and was surprised how fast it went. I'm going to do more of the kitchen today and then start with the homeschooling supplies. The stuff we use all the time is being left for the end but I have shelves of resources that only circulate once in a while, so those can all go.
Kids watched a documentary about The Beatles' first North American appearance, and I took them for milkshakes in the afternoon. They're kind of bored with this whole thing by now. Roo played with them while I was at work last night so they got a good dose of daddy attention and loving.
We raided the building's recycling boxes for newspapers for packing. We haven't subscribed to a local paper in over a decade. Hugo, at the age of 7, has only just discovered that there is a page with comics. Yes, we've neglected him terribly. He was surprised by that page but isn't really enthralled. He noticed it has Dilbert and pointed it out to me because we have a couple Dilbert books. The real thrill for him is the page of puzzles. He helps me wrap things but always keeps an eye out for the puzzles page and saves them to 'do later'. I think he made Roo do some word search puzzle thing and he really wanted to know what Omar Sharif's bridge talk was all about. Roo and I were surprised that Omar Sharif's bridge talk is still there. Could it be? Is Omar Sharif held prisoner somewhere, hooked up to an oxygen tank and prodded with a cane to produce a regular column? He can't be a young man.... and no, I'm not going to google him and find out if he's dead and syndicated, or if he's sprightly and alive and climbing Mt. Everest this year....
I'm off to pack.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!