Saturday, September 17, 2005

I don't do these things



I don't these silly quizzes*. There is only one reason I did this one. I'm stalling.

A couple months ago, in a fit of getting myself together, I organized my grocery shopping list. I made a "master list", and arranged it in order of the aisles of the store I usually go to. It's bloody brilliant. It reminds me to buy those things you only need to buy once in a while. And having it arranged in the order of the store really speeds shopping.

I was feeling proud of this. OK, so it's not a finished ms. It's not my kids getting scholarships to attend prestigious universities. But in the summer of 2005, this seemed a highlight.

And then, do you know what the buggers at the store did? They re-arranged all the aisles. I went by for a quickie a couple days ago, and stood with a stunned look on my face. I couldn't find anything. And the whole bloody list has to be redone.

So, that's why I'm stalling. I'm supposed to go grocery shopping and I know it's not going to be pretty. I'll be running around, trying to push a right-leaning cart (why do I always get the right wing carts?) through the aisles, and waste precious time looking for olives.

But those folks at the store have been warned. Saddam is coming by to stock up.

*Ok, actually I do these when I'm wasting time and procrastinating, and not doing the stuff I'm supposed to do. But I don't post them because they're so bloody inane. I will tell you though that on classic movie star quiz I'm Bette Davis.

"You scored 30% grit, 33% wit, 23% flair, and 30% class!
You're one smart cookie, and you know it. You also know how to let everyone else in on the deal. You've worked hard to get where you are, and sometimes you might not have played fair. You are ruthless but charming, and the light of intelligence sparkles in your eyes. When cornered, you can and will act, but you'd rather have things go your way and live a life of ease and comfort. It's not a great idea to cross you; you will run the competition down like a rabbit, and leave them wondering what hit them. Your leading men include Errol Flynn and Paul Henreid, men who like a feisty gal with a touch of class."

So I'm Bette & Saddam. You know - I think these tests might not be all that wrong.

Oh, the link to the classic movie star quiz: I'll post it here, but it seems to always pop up with a banner ad for free sex personals. You've been warned. Don't complain to me if you go there while you're supposed to be looking up a latin declension for your 8 yo.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ooOoo...Bette Davis, eh? I'm Rosalind Russell (and I'm supposed to be working on a project that has a fast approaching deadline!).

Hmm...I wonder what famous leader I'm most like...[click]

S Bent said...

HAHA! I'm Abe Lincoln! And Grace Kelly.

And the master grocery list? Yep. My husband used to roll his eyes, but I can get us in and out of there in no time flat. I also get the ads and put stars by things that are on sale. I even have extra blanks if we want to try something else that's on sale.

On his way home from work one night, my husband stopped by Wal-mart (not our normal grocery store) to get some Velveeta. It took him a half hour to find it because I've got him trained to *my* list and *my* store. You can train the whole family! Oh, and if *my* store decided to re-arrange? I'd boycott them. Seriously. If there's one thing in my life that I have control of, it's my grocery list, and they are *not* taking that away from me!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Carol Lombard and Gandhi here. And I'm avoiding cleaning the house, but this is my permanent state, so not much worth mentioning.

Stephanie not in TX said...

So, I'm Katherine Hepburn and Saddam Hussein ...

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!