Well, if there is a hell, I think I might know what it looks like.
It’s not all red and hot. It actually consists of major appliance shopping.
Every day in hell you need to buy new appliances, taking into account price, brand reliability, and effect on the re-sale value of home. You must consult the internet and print media and then drive to at least 5 stores. Then you call spouse (who is home with kids) on cell phone and discuss features until your ears turn start to hurt. Then give up for the day, overwhelmed and burdened by the knowledge that you’ll need to do it all over again.
Why, oh why are there so many damned fridges, dishwashers and ranges on the market??? I thought I was being smart by deciding on Kenmores. Middle of the road, not offensive, and not going to bust my savings. I’m only going to enjoy these appliances for a short time before we finally sell this place, so no point in getting something really fancy. But jeez, there are 49 Kenmore dishwashers to choose from. And when you add the discontinued ‘mystery models’ stocked by the Outlet Store, the number goes even higher. Same for fridges and ranges. This is ridiculous. I can understand having say, 3-5 different models, but 49?
See – Barry is right. It’s all that Paradox of Choice stuff. I wish I remembered what he said to do when appliance shopping……
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!