Thursday, May 24, 2012

We have to speed this up!

Oh jeez, I've been home over a week & I haven't got past first full day of the trip yet!

The sheer volume of pictures to sort through is overwhelming and I'm going to have to rethink my strategies here because for one thing, I'm maxing my upload limits on photo storage sites!

So from now own it will be leaner, faster, trimmer - RUN to a place, look, look, look, gobble some food, RUN to another place, look, look, look, grab ice cream/coffee/ RUN to another place....

Just kidding!

Though Hugo's Day 1/2 photos are set to play on FAST LOL. They are mostly covering the same ground since you know, we were actually all together! With the space requirements (& also the requirement to not put the audience into a boredom coma induced by watching thousands of photos, mostly of the same things), there will be changes but the reports are going to keep on coming so don't worry Mom!

 


In home life, things are settling down. We're back at schoolwork & this time it's not just the teens, but me too! I have to recertify my IBCLC credential this summer. Hard to believe it's been 10 years! (the 5 year mark we can recertify with continuing ed credits but the 10 year mark is an exam). I'm not working in the field right now & I wasn't sure I wanted to recertify but in the end, I decided that it would be a shame to let it lapse so now I've got three fat new textbooks & I have to make up a cramming schedule. Of course anatomy and physiology doesn't change (though our understanding of some functions does change) and I do actually remember many things, but evidence based practice regarding many aspects of lactation changes with ongoing research so I have to bring myself back up to speed!

The dogs are all well and I've resubscribed to several of my favourite dog training email lists & am making some training plans too.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Loved the London Eye photo! I think that one was my favorite :)

hornblower said...

I'll pass on the compliment to H! It is a neat shot. I was very surprised that the Eye was so easily seen in town. For some weird reason I thought it was more on the peripheries.... but it's RIGHT there!

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!