Monday, January 30, 2012

Do you see the problem?

 


Exactly. There is no room for my mug.

Yeah, this is my desk, in what we like to call my office but is actually something the size of a linen closet. You've no doubt gathered that I'm not a member of the clean desk club. In my mind, I'm a minimalist neat freak. In my head, my desk looks like this:


In reality, if you play I spy, you'll find a dog toy & chocolate amidst all the crap there. But no room for a mug....

There's a pull out keyboard shelf underneath & I found myself more often than not putting a cup on that, which honestly is a disaster waiting to happen because really, how long until you put a full mug on the pull out shelf & then push the shelf in, pouring hot tea all over the keyboard, and more importantly, your lap? Not long.

But during the holidays, one of Roo's little projects was to get the gizmo to hang the monitor up, which meant I could put Ondaatje & Mistry back on the bookshelf in the living room, shove the crap a bit further back on the desk, and now I have room for a mug!

Writers who are group procrastinating often will start sharing photos of their workspace &, did you know, there's even a whole website dedicated to sharing photographs of desks.

What is your workspace like? Neat, messy, in between?

2 comments:

Navhelowife said...

Oh Messy. The whole "can't find room for a mug?" that is my cue to cull papers and do some cleaning, raging that I am going to keep it neat from now on!
And then, I don't.

Karen said...

I thought you were showing a picture of my computer desk!
Made me feel good though, that someone else's looks as bad as mine:)

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!