He got a new toy to celebrate. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of him playing with it because two years later, he's STILL really unhappy with paparazzi. He loves his new toy though! It's one of those stuffies with no stuffing? Looks like a floppy snake with two squeakers at each end. He has skunk like that from last year and we added a raccoon to the collection. He's really learning to enjoy playing and tugging - but not outside. I tried to take skunky out to use during some training in a park & he was all what? don't bother me with squeakers. I'm hunting birds. (Daisy, otoh, who hardly ever plays with toys at home went nutso, running around with it and doing the shake & throw 'kill the toy' thing.)
A few days before, I did shoot these - through a dirty window so quality is poor but he didn't hear the camera lens opening or the slight click it makes. Until the last photo for which I decided to try opening the sliding door to get a clearer shot. He ran away right after.
This is our indoor cat Rachel's pot of grass, which we keep on the deck for her. She can go out and sleep in it in the sun, or munch on it. Darwin has developed a big love for it - possibly because Darwin's running & jumping & digging have totally trashed the grass in the dog's yard & now he has no nice grass of his own.
Oh grass!
I love you!
I adore you!
I just heard a click behind me. Mwah for now! I'll be back lovely grass!

3 comments:
Too cute! I love celebrating gotcha days :)
Don't you love it when they're camera-shy? I used to have to do it a fair bit for my dog photography stuff, and it could be suuuuuch a frustrating experience...
Hey, stupid question, what kind of a dog is it? I can't see the head but it nearly looks like a Dutch Stabby from those pix.
Laure-Anne - Darwin is a field English Setter. :-)
I'm really going to have spend more time getting him desensitized to the camera. He's just too gorgeous and does so many silly things to not photograph!
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!