Tuesday, November 09, 2010

this & that

Sam Harris (author of Letter to a Christian Nation) has a new book. It's going in my TBR pile, looks like I won't get to it until December at the rate I'm going ......




Christopher Hitchens is dying. His cancer is stage 4 now & as he says, there is no stage 5..... He's still writing, as well as ever, as in this piece on Miss Manners & cancer. Curiously, the dateline is December 2010. Apparently the Hitch can bend time?



On the heels of my plug for Project Feeder Watch, important news that Bird Beak Deformities Show Big Rise.


And because this is all much too serious & glum, a plug for the Fantastic Mr. Fox



If you took the old Wind in the Willows stop motion animation & shook it up in a blender with Oceans 11 & laid on a smooth soundtrack (inluding the voices of George Clooney & Meryl Streep), Fantastic Mr. Fox is what you'd pour out. Lovely.

1 comment:

Wanderlust said...

I read the Christopher Hitchens piece. I always liked him but his writing has attained new heights while dealing with cancer. Have you read all his pieces in Vanity Fair since he was diagnosed? They are fantastic.

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!