Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy 14th Amelia

Just in time for Amelia's 14th birthday, our slightly better than crap camera broke, leaving us with the totally crap camera to work with.

Ooooops. Flash didn't go off.


Ooooops. Too much flash. Also weird halo effect from lamp. Roo is not a saint.


Stand against the wall instead.


Stop giggling and fidgeting! This thing can't focus!


Ok, finally, I think we have it. Amelia, don't dig that bony elbow into your father's side, no matter what snide comments he's making about me.


Three generations.


The birthday girl. Happy 14th Birthday!!!


We had a lovely family dinner (curry, curry and more curry) on Friday night and on Sunday, some of Amelia's friends joined us for an outing. We went to see Bolt in Digital 3D, which was pretty awesome. You do have to wear silly glasses but I didn't get a headache from it. The movie itself is fun though, as usual, I think I saw the best parts in the previews. Previews and trailers these days tend to be so long that if you see a couple of them, you've pretty much seen the entire movie - the best jokes, most magnificent action shots - and you can pretty much make out the entire plot, too. It's an efficient way to watch movies; just spend a bit of time on the apple trailer site and you can get the gist of all the current movies without having to stir from your house or spend any money!

Afterwards we all went to Me-n-Ed's where we huddled around the fireplace and enjoyed a nice meal.

It is unreasonably cold, cold, cold here. Vancouver is not supposed to have forecasts like "overnight lows of -10, -18 windchill". Brrrrrrrr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Amelia! Sorry that you're sharing our weather these days.

L said...

Oh, my. She is a stunning young lady.

I hope your camera situation improves, speaking as someone whose own started making some horrible grinding noise last night. I'm now in need of a back-up better than crap camera.

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!