
I found this dog in our driveway last night. It was too late for the shelter to pick him up so he spent the night here & was picked up this morning. He is a very nice boy. The shelter has picked him up before from me - last fall he was in our driveway too but it was still during business hours & so he was only with us about 1/2 an hour then & I didn't introduce him to Daisy.
This time everyone got introduced - including the cat :-)
I was considering putting him in a crate at night but he was being very good so I just waited to see how he'd settle & he immediately went to lie down on the floor by Roo's side of the bed & went to sleep. (Daisy is on my side so we had matching 'bookends')
He's a very, very nice boy. I think he's an aussie. I just wish the owners took better care of him. He is dirty and matted & had no tags on his collar......but he does have an ear tat and the shelter will have a record of who claimed him the last time.
The dogs were sad to see him go which was quite a treat as both of them can be a bit wonky greeting new dogs. The intros went without a hitch and he was welcomed into the pack with no issues so I was happy to help this boy and get some much needed socializing for Daisy & Rocky.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!