Thursday, March 13, 2008

I still blame Tammy Wynette

Urban Mom writes eloquently on The Wife.

Just once I'd like to see The Wife NOT stand by her husband at the news conference after he's been busted doing something gross.

Go read the rest here.

Yes, indeed. What the heck was she doing there? As far as I'm concerned, there are only two reasons for it: 1. you have NO self respect at all or 2. your concern for his political career overrides everything. In case of 2, honey, it's over. The best he can hope for is to go hide for five years and then come back with a book about arrogance, mistakes and redemption. If it's packaged with some spirituality and he throws himself into some good charitable cause, he might be able to make the talk show circuit. That's it. Not nearly enough to stand up for public humiliation on national TV.

Why do women continue to put up with these losers, to put a good face on it, to excuse, to - insert gagging sound here - support them through disgusting moral lapses, all in the name of L O V E??? That's not love, that's being an enabling doormat. You wonder where all the decent men have gone? They decided they didn't need to be decent because everyone would forgive them. And see? It happens to everyone, so it's like, normal, right honey?

If there's ever a time to get in touch with the inner old testament goddess, this is it.

You are worth so much more than this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I agree with you wholeheartedly! I have known a few of these women in my lifetime, one being my own mom. Taking him back time after time. What a sad life that must be.

Urban Mom said...

Oh my! I just wanted to say a great big "THANKS" and to say that I'm blushing and flattered that my venting grabbed anyone's notice. Actually, that post pulled more comments than any other. Funny how things hit a button sometimes... Anyway, like I said, thank you! Looking forward to checking out your blog more(since I know what great taste you have, hee hee).

Anonymous said...

It's all about power. He has the power and she wants it. I'm sure she's thinking in the back of her mind, "Just wait 'til I get you home!" If they could just walk away and still maintain the high standard of living (physically, not morally) to which they are accustomed I'm sure many of them would. Look at Hillary. Bill owes her big time and she's now trying to cash in on that debt.

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!