Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Meet Rocky


My newest foster.

He's the one on the right. The big one. We think he's a Great Pyrenees X Maremma. He's huge. He's not neutered yet. He's been trying to water my couch. He's terrified of most people, especially men. He growls at Roo. He's stinky and I spent several hours brushing out his mats today & ended up with a pile of fur as big as he is.

He is very warm. He leans on you when he trusts you. He gave me a little kiss this morning. I think he is adorable.

Daisy is IN LOVE. He could care less and has, in fact, been telling her off in grumpy growls. His world has turned upside down and sideways and he's one confused dog who doesn't want a groupie fan girl and no, he doesn't want to play or share his food. It's OK Daisy, he'll come around. And on Friday we're cutting off his dangly bits which may mellow him out a bit. I hope it will help with the desire to spritz everything with Rocky cologne.

On the left is his girlfriend. She's still in the shelter, with their 6 week old pups. They're all still looking for a foster home.

3 comments:

Heather said...

He is adorable. I can see the attraction for Daisy. ;-) You must be a very special sort of person to be able to foster these animals. We used to be volunteer dog walkers but after I came home with one dog, who nobody wanted, and then almost another one, I thought it was time to stop the volunteering for a bit. :-(

Melora said...

Oh! He looks Huge. I hope the operation fixes his desire to mark stuff. He is lovely -- I'll bet the puppies are adorable.

Meretta said...

He's a nice looking dog. Great Pyrs are notoriously mellow, so I bet once he finds his way he'll be a real gentle giant and will make someone a fine companion.

We had Great Pyrs. I miss them to bits. They were lovely girls.

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!