Sunday, April 15, 2007

raison d'etre

I was out a couple days ago & saw once again the reason I actually started blogging. I remember seeing this years back, and thinking, jeez, this is really awful. I need to tell people. I wish I could share my pet peeves with everyone. I should have a blog and tell everyone my pet peeves. Yes, it's true, I started blogging just so I could write down my pet peeves (why I thought that would be interesting for anyone to read is beside the point) but the odd thing is that I never blogged the single big pet peeve that propelled me to actually look up blogger and start up an account.

But now I will.

The big ick, gross, jeez, can you please stop doing that because I'm about to vomit pet peeve which started it all:

-people who insist on wearing sandals and haven't had a pedicure in the last decade.

People. If your heels look like blue cheese, if your toenails are several shades of yellow and black and look like giant hooked talons, if your feet are covered in corns, calluses and various fungal infections - please, cover them up, until you've been to the podiatrist. Don't display them to me while I'm out and about because it totally ruins the wonderful spring ambience of Vancouver.

And also because I might heave on your sandals.

2 comments:

andie said...

::::shudder::::: Your descriptive abilities are :::gag::: much too good. Blech.

A very good public service announcement. There should be billboards.

andie said...

I found the picture your post brought to mind!

http://notastepfordwife.blogspot.com/2007/04/big-hairy-men.html

Do not view w/in two hours of meals.

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!