Just like last January, I'm starting the year with boot camp for writers. I'm enrolled in
Defeat Self-Defeating Behaviours - Allow Writing Productivity and Creativity to SoarThis is an online course where lectures & all comments/questions/whines are e-mailed. It was a lot of reading last year and I expect this year to be the same. I set up my e-mail filters this morning to automatically folder all the course messages. Already
15 19 20 unread messages in there - and many are LONG. Last year I discovered after only a few days that I really didn't have the time or energy to read the other students' posts & I only read the instructor's comments, which were almost always broad enough that I didn't need to know the specifics of the question she was replying to. Color me self-centered but I really don't care about Suzie in Oklahoma and her struggles - this is all about ME! - so, that's my plan for this year too.
There's homework and assignments (to do by yourself, for yourself). And the entire point is to examine your life and really think how you're going to be victorious over your own personal little demons - something which takes time. Apparently you can't just quickly drag them into a utility closet, stuff them in, and padlock the door.
So I might be a little quieter for a while.
2 comments:
Good luck with DSDB and I know what you mean about all those emails flooding your inbox. I'm going to have to set up a folder, too.
Happy New Year!
I have taken online classes too and was overwhelmed by having to read students comment--there are just WAY too many of them!
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!