Tuesday, August 23, 2005

more things to think about

First - you may not have heard of this terrible scam that women are running: using sex for security.

“This kind of thing isn’t as uncommon as we’d all like to think,” Ohlmeyer said. “A woman finds herself in a situation where she isn’t employable. Or maybe she has interests like child-rearing, cooking and home-maintenance that keep her from getting a job. So what does she do? She cooks up a scheme to entrap a man using her body as the bait. It’s frightening, but it happens every day in this country.”

This is shocking.

On a cheerier note, I'm glad to hear that scientific inquiry is alive and well in the U.S. Hot on the heels of the intelligent design theory, is the intelligent falling theory.

"Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, 'God' if you will, is pushing them down,"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!!!!

Ohmygoodness, that one about sex-for-security is the FUNNIEST thing I have EVER read!!! I hope you don't mind that I'm going to steal it and use it myself!!!! ROTFL!!!

(P.S. I've never, EVER liked Pat Robertson.)

:)

~Jo

Valerie said...

What?!? You mean people didn't _know_ everything was being pushed down?

Tsk.

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!