Thursday, June 02, 2005

The good and the bad

The good:
1. Last Tuesday night was the last night of the Douglas College breastfeeding counsellor course. It was a great class filled with wonderful people & I received lovely flowers & a thank you card from the class. It's nice to be appreciated.
2. AHA weblogs reviewed me. Yay! Thanks Kim.

The sort of good:
The poncho for Amelia (the one to stump David Attenborough - see a couple days earlier) is finished. It's lovely but waaaaaaay too big at the neck.

The bad:
I hate long eyelash yarn.

I wanted to cinch in the neck of the said poncho with the eyelash trim yarn. I picked up what I thought was a reasonable # of stitches, threw them on my circulars & purled 6 rows. I increased every 2nd stitch on the last row, thinking to make a loose, floppy thingy at the top. Cast off as loose as I could.

And discovered I had converted the poncho into a veil like thingy. Yup. Too small. No way would anyone's head would fit through that opening.

The worst:
Long eyelash yarn doesn't want to rip. It tangles, and mats, and makes a weird tight little ball of crap but it does not want to rip. An added complication was that I knitted with double thickness so there was a lot of the goopy yarns. At one point, I thought I'd have to take scissors to the thing. But patience persevered; I plucked it all out. I think I'm going to knit a long skinny snake thing & baste it on. Don't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Say something!