Can David Attenborough identify this rare furry creature sprawling on my deck chair?
I thought not.
Yes, it's the almost done Bernat Boa poncho for Amelia. Just an inch or more in length, and the trim left to do.
I'm making this up on a pattern of my own creation and it caused me a bit of uncertainty for a while because it didn't seem like the front & back were increasing in length the way I thought they would. However, a closer examination (with measuring tape in hand) of the furry blob strung on my circular needles has reassured me somewhat. Of course, we won't know what it really looks like until I cast the animal off.
I already know that casting on 64 stitches for a poncho for a 10 year old girl with very narrow shoulders was a mistake. I'm hoping to cinch it in a bit when I put on the trim. Otherwise, it will slide right off her. Ooops.
I thought not.
Yes, it's the almost done Bernat Boa poncho for Amelia. Just an inch or more in length, and the trim left to do.
I'm making this up on a pattern of my own creation and it caused me a bit of uncertainty for a while because it didn't seem like the front & back were increasing in length the way I thought they would. However, a closer examination (with measuring tape in hand) of the furry blob strung on my circular needles has reassured me somewhat. Of course, we won't know what it really looks like until I cast the animal off.
I already know that casting on 64 stitches for a poncho for a 10 year old girl with very narrow shoulders was a mistake. I'm hoping to cinch it in a bit when I put on the trim. Otherwise, it will slide right off her. Ooops.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!