- regular classes from 8:30 to 4:00
- enrichment activities daily from 4:00 to 5:00
- before and after school care programs from 7:30 to 6:00 (I'll do the math for you: that's 10.5 hours!)
Of course on weekends you might actually have to spend time with the children. Most overachieving parents know that sports, a musical instrument, and perhaps a dance or theatre class are vitally important. If you arrange things right, you can have at least one day of the weekend completely filled with these enriching activities which don't involve you at all except as chauffeur. And pretty soon your children won't even want to spend time with you; they'll be too busy with friends, activities, and MSN chat.
So why not just go the boarding school route? You wouldn't need to pretend that you're raising your child. Your really could blame the boarding school for everything that goes wrong in your child's life. And if the boarding school is sufficiently awful, the children will be happy to return home for term holidays. Then you can bask in the warm fuzzy feelings that come from being preferred to bullying, lack of privacy and endless stress. Of course, boarding schools are still a bit more expensive; but isn't your child worth it?
5 comments:
LOL, Good one! I absolutely the hate our Child as Object culture. "That's not a dependant person, that's an object! That baby needs to be in a swing. That boy needs a tv in his room. That shy child needs to go to school. Let's hand the object over to something/someone else!"
Grrrrr
(Oh, and Kudos on your blog name and subtitle! Brilliant!)
Sarah
http://www.upsaid.com/teachermom
Did you change your subtitle in the last 24 hours? Because I'm pretty sure that yesterday I laughed when I saw it, and right now it's more serious.
Am I crazy? Please tell me I'm not crazy.
Sarah
You're not crazy.
There, feel better now?
I did have another subtitle but oddly enough I didn't change it in the last 24 h; I think I changed it on Monday. I don't know why the old one had shown up. Blogger and I don't always get along.
Now you're making me think I should change it back. It's just that it didn't have anything to do with homeschooling & I thought perhaps I should be a tad more factual. But funny is better than serious.
Maybe I'll just keep on changing it and play with people's minds ....
Can you tell me what it was, because I remember thinking it was so fabulous, and went so well with your blog title.
And the time discrepancy may be mine. I didn't look at the subtitle when I posted my first comment so it may have already been changed.
I think funny is better, too.
"Yes, dear friends, you have to learn to spell indefatigable.
pr. in-di-fa'-ti-g&-b&l
1. adj. incapable of being fatigued; tireless
2. proper noun British Navy frigate; cf CS Forrester's Horatio Hornblower books"
Post a Comment
Go on! Say something!